Do you want to know why cordless circular saw is worth the money you pay?
Have you ever thought about the best way to make your perfect cuts? Either you are doing professional or DIY cuts, there are many different choices! You can choose tool with core or without it.
You might be wondering what`s really the difference and what`s the point!?
Now get this, cordless circular saw gives you the opportunity to use this perfect DIY tool without bothering with cord and chasing plugs. Easy and fast cut for the new shelves that you want in your home.
Want to know the best part? It can be used wherever you are. Practical, economical, quiet and environmental safe. It becomes popular day by day and has same characteristics like cord one.
All you do is have a battery charged and pull the trigger to get your saw going, and if your battery runs out you can replace it with another battery as it recharges.
Now days you can find many options on market, but what is the cheapest and best solution for the money you have.
But wait! How do you choose the best cordless circular saw for the money? Reviews.
This item is definitely must have. Now, if you decide to buy it, the most important question will be which one to buy for the money you want to spend?
This can be perfect Christmas or Birthday present and we will help you to choose the best one.
So, what is the best cordless circular saw for the money? Well, we did a little research and talked with people who use this type of saw and have chosen the best five cordless saws for you.
DEWALT DCS570B 7-1/4″ (184mm) 20V Cordless Circular Saw with Brake
DeWalt is definitely the top choice. Perfect DIY tool fully recommended by professionals. Easy and fast cuts. It’s quiet, powerful, and light. It is perfectly designed for right or left-handed people.
This saw has the fastest rotational speed and that is perfect with modern thin kerf blades.
Here comes the best part: you can do a lot of cutting with a 5 ah DeWalt battery pack.
- Power – Brushless motor provides 5200Rpm and maintains speed under load
- Runtime – 100 cross cuts in a 2×4 (Pine)
- Capacity – 7 1/4″ blade can provide 2-9/16″ depth
- Ease of use – capacity up to 57 degrees
- Battery not included
Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw, 6-1/2-Inch
This saw will give you cordless cutting power to the job site. This model has a Makita-built high-torque motor and a compact design for a range of cutting applications and will cut 2X material at 45 degrees. The Makita-built high torque motor is able to produce up to 3,700 RPM for faster cutting.
The heavy gauge, precision machined base is engineered for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability in harsh job site conditions. Lots of sawing of 2×4’s, 2×6’s, 2×8’s. So much quieter that conventional saws.
- 2-1/4″ Maximum Cutting Capacity
- Makita-built motor gives you faster cutting and ripping through wood
- Heavy gauge, precision machine enables accurate cutting and added durability
- Bevel cutting capacity is 50Degree
- Weigh is only 7.3 lbs. with battery (have in mind that battery is not included)
DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
The main characteristic that makes this machine the best for you is its weight and perfect magnesium shoe for better durability. It is featured with a blade break which is great advantage.
- Powerful motor (460 MWO, 5250 RPM) gives power and speed which can make the most demanding cuts
- Featured with high strength and lightweight magnesium shoe it provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy
- bevel capacity – 0-50°, allows you more aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications
- With optimized rubber over molded comfort grip you will receive optimal balance and control
- This saw has got 6.5″carbide-tipped blade for cutting 2 times material at 90° and 45° and more cuts per charge
- Includes: DCS391 6.5 Circular Saw and 6″-5″Carbide-tipped Blade
Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 6-1/2″ Circular Saw
What can we notify as suggestion for this machine is definitely Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty. This tool combines comfort and convenience with power and precision. It’s lightweight and has got cutting power which will satisfy your needs.
It doesn’t come with batteries, so we will advise you to order set of Hitachi’s 18V slide type Lithium Ion batteries when ordering the tool.
It is excellent for all-around use for a home-owner and amateur carpenter
- Soft grip handle for improved comfort and less fatigue
- Left side blade position for easy operation
- Electric brake for increased safety and precision
- 50° bevel angle is adjusted to meet the application
- Spotlight improves visibility of the cut line
- Lightweight, only 6.2 lbs
- Includes 6-1/2″ 18-Tooth Saw Blade and Hex Bar Wrench
Bosch Bare-Tool CCS180B 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Circular Saw
It has capacity to cut through 1-9/16″ thick material at a 45°. It has very smart blade-left design. This allows the easiest view when you hold saw in right hand.
It is very accurate, controllable and light. This saw produced smooth cuts with the factory blade.
The tool with the battery included is also available, you can check it out here.
- Its featured with anti-snag lower guard.
- Heavy-duty aluminum foot and upper guard will insure you durability on the toughest jobsites
- Easy to read depth of cut gauge and bevel scale
- Saw blade can cut through double layer of material even at full depth of cut
- It has Spindle lock which helps you to change blades faster
- It uses 2.0 AH battery which can be used with all Bosch 18-Volt Lithium-Ion tools and chargers
- Light indicator thaat informs about your battery status
- Good pack design
What to consider before buying?
When consider to buy cordless circular saw the most important thing to look up is safety, durability, battery power, weight, motor power and price. The main benefit of this product is flexibility and portability.
When we decide to buy tools, the main thing that we look for is efficiency. When you hear batteries, you will probably think that is not long-term solution, that you have to charge them often. In this case 18v lithium-ion battery and a fast charger will do the job!
There are many different options – for all budgets. We’re here to help you decode all the choices so you can pick the one that’s going to be the best for you and for your needs.
If you have fully charged batteries and spare ones, there is no worry of lack of power during the cutting process.
Have in mind that expensive machines have longer lasting batteries that the cheaper ones.
Want to know the best part: there are some cordless circular saw that can make 320 cuts on a single charge!
You are definitely sure that you don’t want to work with heavy machine! Here is where It gets good: You don’t have to! Most of the proposed machines are light weight, very easy to carry and use!
Many producers are using brushless motors. With brushless motors you will get more power and run-time. Besides using battery power more efficiently, brushless motors last longer and weigh less than standard motors.
You might be wondering is the voltage important? Yes, it is! A 20-volt saw will have more power than a 12-volt saw, of course!
Cordless vs. Corded
Let’s break it down: Circular saw with cord is stronger, faster, it can run all day long, good tool for people who are professionals.
Cordless one is practical, lightweight, has good power brushless motors and good batteries. Good for amateurs and professionals who must do cuts but don’t have plug in on site. Now get this, you can even use it indoor all night without bothering your neighbors.
Now get this: If you think that circular saw is just a circular saw-you are wrong? You can choose between two styles of saw – worm-drives and sidewinders.
Did you know that the world’s first handheld circular saw was a worm-drive model made in 1924 ( Skil 77) and sidewinders was invented in 1928?
Want to know the difference and how to choose?
Here is the deal:
Worm-drive saws are short and long, with the handle behind the blade. The location of the blade is on the left, making it visible to right-handed users.
Worm Drive Breakdown
- 90-Degree Worm Gearing
- Rear Motor Design
- Lower RPM
- Higher Torque
- Longer and Narrower Profile
- Heavier Weight
- Typically Blade Left
- Tougher to Maneuver
- Best for Long Rip Cuts and Harder Woods
- Periodic Oiling is Necessary
Sidewinders or direct drive saws are the most recognizable style to most of us. The handle over the blade-higher, and the blade has been located on the right side of the saw. When you compare them to worm-drive saws, sidewinders are lighter and less expensive, and they spin faster. This style is maybe the one we recommend for your workshop.
Direct Drive (Sidewinder) Breakdown
- Spur Gear Design
- Side Motor Design
- Higher RPM
- Lower Torque
- Shorter and Wider Profile
- Lighter Weight
- Typically Blade Right for Corded Models
- Easier to Maneuver
- Best for Cross Cuts and Softer Woods
Maybe it sounds strange but the diameter of the blade had so much to do with power and cutting speed. With different size blades, the motors turn at different speeds.
The most common and useful blade size is 7-1/4 inch.
Most of the saws that you buy will come with wood-blade. But, this is not the only blade you will need! We will advise to take care about using different blades for different materials if you want your cuts to be perfect and blades last longer.
You can buy blades for cutting wood, metal, tile, and concrete.
Here is the deal: Change your blades and clean them if you want to use them longer and cut with no problems.
What’s the bottom line?
When you decide that cordless circular saw is the best tool for your money, we advise you to follow your needs and purpose for buying it. Cordless is definitely good choice and worth of your money!
Whatever your choice is we advise to take care about safety. Don’t use saw without your safety gear.
You can find more details about cordless circular saws here.