So, what is a cordless drill anyway? Why do you think it is so important? Why do you need it? And do you?
Well, let me tell you that these products are an essential part of a person’s home’s safety drawer and a handymen’s tool box. Do you know why?
This is because many times it happens that we need to arrange our households stuff but due to the laziness of using the drill, again and again, we tend to delay our work and end up not repairing those things for years.
Thus, a cordless drill is something that can get you rid of this problem. Now, fixing things using drill is nothing but a piece of cake to even the lazy ones. So, isn’t it a great news?
So, let’s not beat around the bush and get straight to the point. If you are one of those who is looking for the best cordless drill for yourself but is totally confused due to the thousands of these products available in the industry then let me tell you that you are exactly in the right place.
This is because in this article I am going to share with you my research work of 5 long days on top rated budget cordless drill available in the industry. Here you can choose the most suitable one for yourself amongst the 5 best cordless drills I have shortlisted for you. Thus, you will no longer have to waste your precious time on searching for it on several other websites.
But before moving on the main part of the article there is something more important that I would like to add. That is, the things that you should consider before selecting this tool for yourself.
Things to consider:
- Dimensions of the product
- Included components
Before you proceed, check out our Buyer’s Guide!
Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion ½ inch Compact Drill Driver Kit
The battery lasts a really long time and it is much more compact in size than others.
You can use it as a screwdriver or you can drill with it. The drill does have a reverse mode.
- This product is very light weight with a weight of only 4.5 pounds. Thus, the users can use it much comfortably without their hands aching even if they work for a very long period of time.
- It comes with a 30-day guarantee on any manufacturer default along with a warranty of 1 year.
- It’s made in Malaysia. This is yet another prove that this product was made in save hands thus will provide the best service ever.
- It uses lithium ion batteries to carry out its function. These batteries are very efficient and have a very long life indeed.
- This product comes along with a case and batteries. As a result, the buyers do not have to bear the hardship of ordering them separately.
Black and Decker SS-12 12v Cordless Drill/Driver Tool
Great for general house work. Also worked well with drilling holes. It comes with a cord that plugs from a DC outlet right into the back of the drill. It doesn’t come with drill bits. It only comes with the basic screwdriver tip.
This model will drill through wood, metal and certain depths of concrete. Depending on your needs this one should be fine for most around the home needs. If your needs are for daily use drilling concrete we would suggest looking at some corded electric models specific for concrete.
The drill has 2 speeds, one is for driving smaller screws into softer materials and the second setting is for larger screws. The opening for the drill bit to fit into is maximum 3/8 inch.
It is reversible.
- The speed of this cordless screwdriver can be altered as per your wish. And also, it can be fixed in such a way that the users can get the best out of it.
- It uses only 12 volts of voltage to do its job with full efficiency. This means it saves lots of energy while carrying out its function
- LED light is automatic and convenient at dark areas
- It comes with a warranty of 2 long years. As a result, this product can be used without any worries for this time span as any manufacturer default will be recovered completely free.
- This product comes along with a battery. As a result, it does not have to be ordered separately.
- Maximum Drilling Capacity: 3/8-inch Steel
DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver
First off, it is more efficient than brush-ed. When you run it with a light load, it draws less power. Dewalt says you get up to 30% more runtime from the same charge. The better efficiency is a fact, and the 30% is possibly conservative.
There is a youtube video of a guy drilling 1/2″ holes into a board with a brushless and a traditional dewalt drill, and the brushless wins 2 to 1. It drills some 190 holes vs the brushed just 92. The second advantage: there are no brushes to wear out and replace.
Batteries are lasting a long time and has plenty of torque.
It’s limiting applied torque, usually used to drive screws. If you set it to drill, it will just apply full power all the way. If you are driving small screws, it will most likely strip the head.
But if you set the clutch, once it detects enough resistance, it will not transfer any more power. You will hear different sound once that is reached.
What setting fits for your specific purpose is what you have to test and find out, since it means nothing more than number of steps from very little to highest torque. Each number does not exactly indicate specific torque value.
The drill comes with a 1 year free service, a 90 day money back guarantee, and a 3 year limited warranty.
- The brushless motor of this product increases the time this product works flawlessly to up to 30 times.
- It is a very compact product that is 7.52” front to back. This means it can fit in easily even in narrow and tight fit places.
- It weighs only about 2.5 lbs. This means that this product can be handled very easily. The users will be able to use it for longer period of time without getting tired if they use this tool to do their job.
- It has variable speed limits of 0-500 rpm and 0-1750 rpm. Well the availability of different speed limits means that the users will use it easily as per their needs.
- It has an ergonomic handle attached to it. This helps to get a good grip over the tools and use much more easily.
- The motor of this product delivers power of 340 watts. As a result, this high-power product can be used to do a wide range of task at one go.
- It comes with a warranty of 3 long years. This warranty gives the users the flexibility to check its quality and work comfortably for such a long-time span of 3 years.
- It has the availability of LED light in it.
WORX WX176L.9 20V Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill and Driver
You will receive this tool in nice package with adequate protection from damage. Great benefit is that it is 2in1 tool, you will receive both cordless drill and driver in just one tool, but what is bad is that it doesn’t come with batteries and charger, so this is additional cost.
It has dual-chuck design which allows you to choose between drill and driver without need to change a bit. This ¼ inch chuck can rotate up to 180° and all you need to do is to just push the button and change the mode.
Yes, everything what you have to do is to load both chucks with ¼ inch hex bitt, drill a hole, press the button to rotate a secondary chuck to drive the screw. With this feature you can work twice the speed because you won`t waste your time by changing the bit. We can say that the chuck operates quite easily and changing a hex head bit is very simple.
The automatic LED light is convenient at dark areas. With just at 3.1 lbs., this Switchdriver 2in1 Cordless Drill and Driver with awesome rotating dual chuck and 2-Speed Motor with Precise Electronic Torque Control (which prevents your screws from stripping and eliminates any potential damage to your work surface or materials) is indeed lighter than most of what we tested in this category.
- Dual-chuck design for switching drilling to screwing
- 2- Speed Motor with Precise Electronic Torque Control
- LED light is automatic and convenient at dark areas
- Lightweight, only 3.1 lbs.
- Maximum Drilling Capacity: 3/8-inch Steel
- 12 torque control settings to help in preventing the damage
- 3-years manufacturer warranty
PORTER-CABLE PCC601LA 20V MAX Lithium 1/2″ Drill/Driver
This Portal-cable is drill/driver option. It has a 1/2″ keyless chuck, along with the typical, well placed forward/reverse switch. We fount LED light very functional when you need to work in dark spot, because you can easily see the general area that you are working in.
On the top of the base it has a snap-in storage slot, which is great feature when using a drill bit in the chuck.
This drill is very comfortable “in hand” with good ergonomics, which is important when it has to be used for extended periods. Hand grip is well shaped. If you want versatility in tool, this one definitely delivers that. We tested it by drilling in hardwood, and it performed perfectly with both large and small bits.
It has 23 levels of torque settings, 22 to adjust the clutch on the drill to unfasten at a certain resistance point, so that it doesn’t strip out or over tighten the screw. 23rd torque setting is a “pure drilling” position, in which the torque and power go full force in order to get through tough objects.
“Dual Range Switch” on top of the drill gives you an option to choose between “Setting 1” or “Setting 2”, for maximum versatility “on the job. Setting 1 is a low speed, high torque setting, and Setting 2 is high speed, low torque setting for other tasks.
With all these features you will have maximum control over your projects.
- ½ inch keyless chuck with forward/reverse switch
- LED lights great for working in dark areas
- Snap-in storage slot
- 23 levels of torque setting and Dual range switch with 2 settings for maximum versatility on the job.
- Lightweight and compact design
- High performance motor delivers 283 Units Watts Out
- 3-year limited warranty
Whether you are doing simple maintenance or going step forward and doing some serious jobs, a good drill is essential and must have tool. With cordless model, you can drill holes and drive screws with the same tool, and not chasing cords. It is good when you have many different options on market that you can choose, but, unfortunately sometimes the price is really important factor.
One is sure, it will happen that you don’t have the money to spend on expensive tools. Fortunately, you may not need the most expensive items, and you may not need the best quality ones. It’s all about your personal situation.
You want to know the best part? You can find on market a decant cordless drill for less than 50$. The features that you get with cheaper model won’t be much different than the one with more expensive ones. But there is the difference in the quality.
After you define for what you will use your drill mostly, check on all the features that you are receiving for the money. Look on the torque that drill has, voltage, weight and how compact it is. Some extra features, which are great, are LED light, a nice toolbox… The best option is to purchase kit, which includes everything, what you need to start on working right away.
Do you really need expensive tools?
Before making any decision consider what kind of home improvement you actually enjoy working on. Think about what you will practically and actually be able to do. For tasks that you see yourself doing frequently, it would be wise to spend a bit more money investing in a quality product that will last. For tasks that you are only going to do occasionally, you can probably save money by buying combo kits with mass-produced parts that may not withstand a lot of wear and tear but do the job well enough.
When you give answers to these questions, you will definitely know do you need expensive tool.
When buying tools, whatever is the purpose for that, you will always want to buy good quality tool. Quality tools are not always as expensive as they seem. Usually, light-duty DIY tools will be cheaper than heavy-duty pro tools.
Benefits and Flaws of Cheaper Cordless Drills
All the major power tool brands make several models that can range from basic DIY models to full spec, state of the art heavy duty models.
Cheaper options have their good and bad sides, as almost every tool.
Cheaper cordless drills are mostly for DIY guys, who will use their tool occasionally.
The biggest benefit of cheaper cordless drill, beside price is ergonomic design. They are usually very lightweight and have a small size. They have maximum torque, and reduced fatigue on those who work with it for lengthy times. Most of these cheaper options have same features as their expensive mates, but you will pay less money for it.
When we talk about flaws, we can say that most of the cheap cordless drills won’t be able to serve you on daily tasks. They are powerful, ergonomic, lightweight, but they are not made for all day heavy-duty jobs. Most of the cheaper drills come with NiCad batteries, but that is not the rule, as you can see in our reviews, their chucks are made of plastic instead of metal, they have less speed settings and a smaller number of clutch positions.
The right tools will last longer, cost you less in expensive down time, can be safer to work with and allow for a better-quality job. All of which will help you to enhance your reputation as an apprentice, trade and business which inevitably leads to more business, less expenses on tools in the long run and more cash in your pocket for the fun things in life.
You don’t have to pay a lo of money to receive a full kit. There are plenty of cheap options on market which include more than just a bare tool. What is important to check is does the tool include batteries/charger, which will be the biggest additional investment for you.
For example, you can buy Black and Decker with batteries, for a very low price. Even better option Cartman 20V which comes in a kit which includes 1.5AH Lithium-Ion battery,110V 8W battery charger, belt buckle,6pcs screwdriver bits,6pcs twist bits for les then 100$.
We are sure that our options for the best cordless drill under $100 are certainly worth checking out. We are absolutely sure that not everyone needs a professional cordless drill for DIY projects, since most of the people just want to do some basic repairs around the house– like fixing the broken drawer or hanging the picture on the wall. These cheaper drills are just fine for such tasks, but we would advise you to take a look at high-range models if you’re going work on some heavy-duty projects. You will need good build-quality and lots of motor power for that.
Final Words – Wrapping it up
Considerably, the market of cordless drills has a lot of saturation, and finding the perfect cordless screwdriver is not easy. That’s when lists like these come into play. We hope the list helps you pick the best cordless drill according to your budget. Keep in mind, there’s no such thing as a “perfect” tool, which is why each tool is built for the needs of different consumers.